About Me

I recently started couponing on January 1, 2011 as a New Year's Resolution. I had never really couponed before because it always seemed time consuming- "how could a 25 cent coupon REALLY save you money?" I thought. Plus, I have never really stuck to a New Year's Resolution. So this year I decided to make a change- I would stick to both! And I have. So far I have cut our weekly grocery budget 70%! We used to spend $150 a week on little things that we could not even make a meal out of AND then we would eat out on top of that! Thousands wasted over a year. Now I spend on average $58 a week on groceries and personal items (toilet paper, body wash) AND I stock up on many of these items so I won't need them again for another 6-12 months! These number keeps going down as we begin to live off our stockpile. If you follow my blog, I will teach you some of the ways this newbie couponer has saved lots of money!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Publix 3.31.11 Trip


Tonight was a decent night at Publix. A couple of freebies or cheap items, a few items to add to the stockpile and some items to replenish the stockpile.

Below is what I got and how I did it:

(3) Garnier Hair care: (Reg. $3.05) The shampoo, conditioner and hairspray were on sale for $2.19. I had a $1 off coupon from the  RP 02.06 and RP 03.06. I figured I would stock up on some shampoo and conditioner, and get a bottle of hairspray as well. Total paid: $3.57, total saved: $5.58

(1) Garnier Curling Mouse: (Reg $3.05). Normally I would not buy this but I have not been able to stock up on this so I had to buy it since I need it for my hair. I did luckily have a coupon from the RP 02.06 so I was not paying full price for it. :) Total paid: $2.05, total saved: $1

(4) Suave Speed Stick Men's Deodorant: (Reg $2.43) BOGO for $1.21, used 50 cents off from the SS 3.26 which Publix doubles to $1 off. Paid 21 cents each, 84 cents. Saved: $8.88

(3) Truvia: (Reg. $3.99) on sale for $2.99. Used Publix $1 off coupon and manufacturer's $1 off coupon printable to get these for 99 cents each, $2.97 for 3 boxes (that is less than 1 box normally!). Saved: $9.

TIP: Remember you can combine a STORE coupon with a Manufacturer's coupon. This is a good example of: sale+store coupon+ manufacture's couponing. This is called Stacking. 

TIP: Truvia is great for you! It is not the typical sweet n' low/splenda type of "sugar." It is actually from an herb called "stevia." I can't process sugar well, but I love Truvia!

(2) Dentek Floss: (Reg. $2.59) on sale for $1. Used $1 off coupon from SS 1.16 (or SS 2.27)- FREE! Saved $5.18.

(2) Jolly Time Popcorn: (Reg $2.39) on sale for $1. Used 35 cent off printable which was double to 70 cents off. Paid 30 cents each, or 60 cents. Saved $4.18.

(1) Hunt's No High Fructose Corn Syrup: I just love this Ketchup. I was running low in my stockpile on this ketchup, so I bought one while it was BOGO for 73 cents. Saved 73 cents.

(1) Log Cabin Syrup: (Reg. $3.89) BOGO. Paid $1.95. Supposedly there is a coupon somewhere for this but I could not find it; would have been awesome! I normally would not get this at this price, but I won't need to buy syrup for awhile and I was completely out. I have waited for a deal and this is the closest I have seen in awhile. 

(1) Bleach: FREE! Saved $1.68. Publix Penny Item :) Any tips for using this type of bleach? I have not had to use this kind for awhile. I guess I could put it in a spray bottle to use for cleaning?

(1) Scotties Tissues: ($1.25) on sale for $1, used 50 cent printable coupon which double for $1, so FREE! Saved $1.25.

(1) Edge Shave Gel: (Reg. $2.37) on sale for $1.95. Normally this is not big enough of a sale to get me to buy but my husband needed it so I figured I would get it on sale and when I had a 55 cent off coupon from the 3.27. Paid $1.40, saved 97 cents.

TIP: If you need something, go ahead and buy it, especially if it is on sale and you have a coupon. Just do not stock up on an item unless it is a huge deal or something you use very frequently. The point is to never pay full retail price. 

(4) Campell's Cooking Soups: (Reg. $1.50) on sale for $1. Used 40 cents off 4 which doubled to 80 cents off. Paid $3.20, saved $1.80. 


Total: $16.47
Saved: $44.02
Price per item: 69 cents
Percentage Saved: 73%

Happy couponing!


No comments:

Post a Comment