About Me

I recently started couponing on January 1, 2011 as a New Year's Resolution. I had never really couponed before because it always seemed time consuming- "how could a 25 cent coupon REALLY save you money?" I thought. Plus, I have never really stuck to a New Year's Resolution. So this year I decided to make a change- I would stick to both! And I have. So far I have cut our weekly grocery budget 70%! We used to spend $150 a week on little things that we could not even make a meal out of AND then we would eat out on top of that! Thousands wasted over a year. Now I spend on average $58 a week on groceries and personal items (toilet paper, body wash) AND I stock up on many of these items so I won't need them again for another 6-12 months! These number keeps going down as we begin to live off our stockpile. If you follow my blog, I will teach you some of the ways this newbie couponer has saved lots of money!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Penny Item Today At Publix!

Today is Penny Item at Publix!

What is Penny Item? Penny Item is every Wednesday at Publix. If you spend $10 BEFORE coupons, you get the selected item for FREE!

TIP: Bring your coupons with you! You can *spend* $10, use $8 worth of coupons, and spend $2 and get the FREE item still.

Today's free item is Publix Paper Towel roll.

The free items are usually items like paper towels, toliet paper, chips, soda, soup, etc.

If you really want the Paper Towel roll, head in early! If not, no worries. If they run out of their selected item, they will replace the sold out item with a new item. Usually the selected item is a Publix product, but if they run out they will replace it with a name brand. Sometimes it pays to shop a little later. :) Last week they ran out of the free Publix chips so they gave free 4 pack of toliet paper. Either way, you win!

Fun fact: The worst shopping day for the grocery industry based on recent statistics is Wednesday. Only 11% of all purchases at grocery stores are made on Wednesdays. This is why Publix chooses to give away a free item each Wednesday- it gets you in the store and gets you to spend $10. I just plan my weekly trip on Wednesday. Can't miss out on a FREE item! :)

Happy couponing!

No comments:

Post a Comment