About Me

I recently started couponing on January 1, 2011 as a New Year's Resolution. I had never really couponed before because it always seemed time consuming- "how could a 25 cent coupon REALLY save you money?" I thought. Plus, I have never really stuck to a New Year's Resolution. So this year I decided to make a change- I would stick to both! And I have. So far I have cut our weekly grocery budget 70%! We used to spend $150 a week on little things that we could not even make a meal out of AND then we would eat out on top of that! Thousands wasted over a year. Now I spend on average $58 a week on groceries and personal items (toilet paper, body wash) AND I stock up on many of these items so I won't need them again for another 6-12 months! These number keeps going down as we begin to live off our stockpile. If you follow my blog, I will teach you some of the ways this newbie couponer has saved lots of money!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

I PLEDGE allegiance....to CVS...!



There are some awesome deals at CVS this week! I usually shop CVS for the product and the ECBs, but this week there is a great mixture of ECB deals and just awesome sales!

We really needed wood cleaner, and I have been waiting months for a good deal like this to pop up! I was almost at the point where I was going to go to the dollar store to get some while I waited...I was holding the Pledge coupon for Buy one Get on, but I had not seen a great deal yet.

I actually got all this product last night- apparently if your CVS is not a 24 hour CVS, most CVSs start the deals Saturday evening! This makes for a less stressful Sunday and worrying about cleared shelves.

TIP: Check with your local CVS to see when their Sunday deals start- it may be Saturday!

This is how I did this deal:

CVS Deal: Spend $12 on certain products (e.g.Pledge) get $4 ECBs.

Transaction 1:

Pledge Wood Cleaner- $6 on sale for $3. Purchased: 8 Pledge products. Coupons Used: Buy Pledge Furniture Cleaner get Pledge Multi Cleaner Free, (2) $1 printables for Pledge and $1 ECB from my Green Tag purchase (I'll blog about this awesome CVS trick later). 
Total: $3.00+tax & $4 ECB.

Now normally I would have stopped there, but I wanted to replenish my stockpile and ensure we that we would have enough wood cleaner for a year, so since it was such an awesome sale and I had coupons about to expire, I went ahead and did a transaction #2.
Transaction 2:
Did the exact same thing again, using (2) Buy one get one free coupons, and then used my $4 ECB from the purchase above. 
Paid $2+tax.

TIP: This deal was limit 1 per customer. I did the same deal again because it is a great sale, but I knew I would not get an ECB back this time. Pay attention to the limits, but if it is a good sale, stock up! For this, it was worth getting $24 worth of product for $2 (50 cents each) and using my ECB.  A lot of times I will only use an ECB to get an ECB in return, but for products with high dollar value and a great return, just jump on the deal!


Total for 2 transactions: 

$5+tax
Saved : $45.32
Percentage Saved: 86%
Price per item: 63 cents

This deal is good at CVS until next Saturday night, so head on in! Also note that the Buy one get one free coupon in the circular I used expires today I believe, so if you want to use that, head on in today! If your store is out, check and see if you can get a raincheck and if they will accept the expired coupon (some stores do).

Happy couponing!






No comments:

Post a Comment