About Me

I recently started couponing on January 1, 2011 as a New Year's Resolution. I had never really couponed before because it always seemed time consuming- "how could a 25 cent coupon REALLY save you money?" I thought. Plus, I have never really stuck to a New Year's Resolution. So this year I decided to make a change- I would stick to both! And I have. So far I have cut our weekly grocery budget 70%! We used to spend $150 a week on little things that we could not even make a meal out of AND then we would eat out on top of that! Thousands wasted over a year. Now I spend on average $58 a week on groceries and personal items (toilet paper, body wash) AND I stock up on many of these items so I won't need them again for another 6-12 months! These number keeps going down as we begin to live off our stockpile. If you follow my blog, I will teach you some of the ways this newbie couponer has saved lots of money!

Monday, March 28, 2011

A Dog Gone Good Deal! (Unadvertised Publix Deal!)


This week at Publix you will notice $2.99 hangtags on the Hartz Crunch Clean for dogs. BUT they ring up $1.99!!!! If you have the SS 03.06 then that means you have a $1.50 off coupon! I snagged 5 of these (reg. $2.99) for 50 cents each, saving $12.50! 5 boxes of dog treats should last us a year! And each box came with a little dog biscuit dispenser thing. Looks like my Riley and Lilly won't be needing any dental doggie treats for awhile. And the vet can stop telling me I need to brush their teeth- these lil biscuits are made to help with that! :)

Lilly

Riley
If you do not have the SS 03.06 coupons, no worries! On most boxes of Hartz there is a $1 off coupon- $1 a box is still awesome. Also, there are printables available still at Hart'z website along with some other places.

I also picked up some Kraft dressing. The dressing is BOGO this week at Publix, so $1.24 each instead of $2.48. I used a Target coupon to go with this of Buy 2 get 1 free (just head on over to Targets website to get this coupon). So pretty much I used the Publix BOGO to get 1 free and then the Target coupon to get another free. Paid for 1 salad dressing and snagged 2!

If you are new to couponing, both of these deals would be super easy for you to do since both have printables. :)

Happy couponing!

No comments:

Post a Comment