About Me

I recently started couponing on January 1, 2011 as a New Year's Resolution. I had never really couponed before because it always seemed time consuming- "how could a 25 cent coupon REALLY save you money?" I thought. Plus, I have never really stuck to a New Year's Resolution. So this year I decided to make a change- I would stick to both! And I have. So far I have cut our weekly grocery budget 70%! We used to spend $150 a week on little things that we could not even make a meal out of AND then we would eat out on top of that! Thousands wasted over a year. Now I spend on average $58 a week on groceries and personal items (toilet paper, body wash) AND I stock up on many of these items so I won't need them again for another 6-12 months! These number keeps going down as we begin to live off our stockpile. If you follow my blog, I will teach you some of the ways this newbie couponer has saved lots of money!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Axe and Bic Razor Deals (CVS)

This was not a WOW! deal, but I have been waiting for a decent deal to replenish body wash for my husband (we were down to 2) and razors (he had none left) so this was worth a trip to CVS. I was pumped about the Clean N Clear deal but they were all out. No worries! Just got the manager to write me a raincheck for 4 at a price of $2.99 each which he gladly did. He said since it is a new product, he went fast. It actually went fast since there are so many hot coupons for it. :)

TIP: Always ask for rainchecks if your store is out of an item. 
Rainchecks are good forever. :)

Below is how I did this deal which is good until next Sat:

CVS Deal:  Spend $15 on Axe, etc. products and get $5 ECBs back.

(4) Axe Men's Bodywash:  $5.79 on sale for $4.50. Coupons Used Buy One Get One Axe coupon in today's paper. Paid $9, saved $14.16. Not an amazing deal, but I can handle paying $2.25 each and getting $5 in ECBs.

CVS Deal: Bic Razors- Buy one, get one 50%

Normally I will not do these types of deals since I can't get ECBs, but my husband needed razors, so it was worth it since there was a store sale and I had a coupon. I usually will just get these types of deals at Walmart if need be, but since I was at CVS and it was a decent deal, I went ahead and did it.

(2) Bic Razors: Men's razor: $7.29, Women's razor: $6.88. 50% Sale: women's razor became $3.44. Coupons Used (2) $2 off Bic Razor coupons from today's newspaper coupons. Total: $6.73, saved $7.44. Pretty much I got one of the razor packages for free. Not amazing, but when you are in a crunch, it helps to at least save- $7.44 is still a great amount.

I also used $10 ECB I had from a few weeks ago to lower my OOP (out of pocket expense). 

Total: $5.73+tax
Saved: $31.61
Percentage Saved: 79%
Price Per Item: 96 cents

Not bad for some high dollar items, and I have $5 ECBs for next week's deals.

Happy couponing!


No comments:

Post a Comment