- I recently started couponing on January 1, 2011 as a New Year's Resolution. I had never really couponed before because it always seemed time consuming- "how could a 25 cent coupon REALLY save you money?" I thought. Plus, I have never really stuck to a New Year's Resolution. So this year I decided to make a change- I would stick to both! And I have. So far I have cut our weekly grocery budget 70%! We used to spend $150 a week on little things that we could not even make a meal out of AND then we would eat out on top of that! Thousands wasted over a year. Now I spend on average $58 a week on groceries and personal items (toilet paper, body wash) AND I stock up on many of these items so I won't need them again for another 6-12 months! These number keeps going down as we begin to live off our stockpile. If you follow my blog, I will teach you some of the ways this newbie couponer has saved lots of money!
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Great Groupon $2 for 5 movies and Free Panda Express Shrimp Deal!
Awesome deal #1: So couponing is not always just about an actual coupon- it is really more of a mindset. You have to be on your toes constantly looking for great deals. One of my favorite ways of doing this is Groupon. If you are not a member, go to www.groupon.com and become one. It is amazing. I have been able to get awesome deals on restaurants ($5 for a $30 gift card to Puelo's Restaurant- my husband and I ate steak and fish last weekend for $5 plus a $6 tip!) or on massages ($28 for 60 minute massage). These are local businesses giving you 50-90% off to try their product and increase their market share. There is also an awesome iPhone Groupon app if you have the iPhone; now I am able in seconds to purchase a great Groupon deal on my phone.
Today's deal is spend $2 and get 5 movie rentals at a Blockbuster! We have a Blockbuster kiosk in our local Publix. You can go to Blockbusters website to locate a kiosk near you; they are sprouting up everywhere to compete with RedBox, and they usually have more offerings!
Here is how you get the deal:
1. Visit www.groupon.com and become a member.
2. Click here to go to this specific deal
3. Confirm the city of Wilmington. (Yes, I know you probably don't live in Delaware; this is the state that the deal is running in but it is a NATIONAL deal. You can use it anywhere.)
4. Purchase the deal!
I just did it. The way it will work is you will get 5 codes to use. You have until May 1, 2013 to use them. Pretty awesome! Surely you can rent 5 movies in a little over 2 years. :) Cheap family entertainment and you save $3.
Awesome deal #2:
How to do it:
1. Find Panda Express on Facebook.
2. "Like" them.
3. Print the coupon for free shrimp- no purchase necessary and good this Wedneday, March 9.
A new technique for companies is to market via facebook and give you coupons for "liking" them. It is simple for you, just a click, and you get the coupon right away. Keep your eye out for these awesome deals- we got free subs at Lenny's last week by just liking them. It is a win-win. You get a discount or free item and the company gets you in the doors and hopes to win you over into a loyal fan. :)