About Me

I recently started couponing on January 1, 2011 as a New Year's Resolution. I had never really couponed before because it always seemed time consuming- "how could a 25 cent coupon REALLY save you money?" I thought. Plus, I have never really stuck to a New Year's Resolution. So this year I decided to make a change- I would stick to both! And I have. So far I have cut our weekly grocery budget 70%! We used to spend $150 a week on little things that we could not even make a meal out of AND then we would eat out on top of that! Thousands wasted over a year. Now I spend on average $58 a week on groceries and personal items (toilet paper, body wash) AND I stock up on many of these items so I won't need them again for another 6-12 months! These number keeps going down as we begin to live off our stockpile. If you follow my blog, I will teach you some of the ways this newbie couponer has saved lots of money!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Heads up, Kroger Shoppers!

Starting tomorrow, 3.13.11, Kroger is having another MEGA SALE!!! I am not a huge Kroger shopper, but I become one during Mega sales. If you Buy 10 of their selected items, you receive $5 off at the register. So find 10 items you have coupons for (or really need), load up your cart, use your coupons, and then get $5 off the remaining balance! This is a great stock up for meats, frozen foods, etc.!

Click here for a complete listing of all Kroger Mega Items!

Just select the items you want, print off any coupons you don't have, and head to the store!

TIP: This website sorts items by Mega items and then sale items. The website also sorts by organic foods, meats, frozen, etc. This is very helpful when you are trying to plan meals around what is on sale.

TIP: Check the items you want. Hit "create my list." Then cut and organize the coupons you have and print coupons you don't have.

TIP: If you need an item to hit your 10 items to get the 5 off, the 2L of soda are great. If you do not drink soda (I rarely do, but I keep these for when we have guests over) then a great filler is the pasta or another cheap item. Anything under $1 that you will use.

Happy couponing!

No comments:

Post a Comment